The mission of PUSD is to provide students a dynamic, engaging and effective educational experience that prepares them with the skills to be productive citizens in a global society.
Granite Hills High School is committed to excellence; motivating and challenging students through a partnership of school and community. By utilizing technology, teaching a positive work ethic, encouraging a sense of community, and developing individual responsibility, academic growth will be realized as we prepare our students for college and career choices. We are dedicated to maintaining a support structure to assure these outcomes.
PUSD students will have the skills and knowledge to be prepared for college and career and to make a positive impact in a dynamic global society.
Granite Hills High School is committed to providing a safe, supportive and respectful environment that encourages students to succeed in core and elective subjects while developing life skills through comprehensive study, exploration of personal talents, and a commitment to life-long learning.
Expected Graduate Outcomes
As a result, all students will develop and demonstrate:
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Cultural awareness and the ability to collaborate with diverse groups
- Technical skills in digital media applications and information management
- Effective communication skills of listening, speaking and writing
- Creativity and innovation
- Leadership, self-management and organizational skills obtained through real world applications and community involvement
- Adapatability, responsibility and ethical behaviors
- The ability to navigate the global world of work and further their education
(Adopted by the PUSD Governing Board on March 8, 2012)